Success! We finally finished our Chess game, with a decent UI to boot! This is hands down the most extensive project I’ve ever created, and I’ve got to admit that it feels pretty damn good. Although we had our fair share of debugging (a ton, actually!), it feels really rewarding to be able to kick back and play our game of chess.
I’d really like to learn to use the getchoperator properly next, so I think I”ll eventually add that to our Chess game. I thought my partner Anastasia and I did a pretty solid job with the colorize gem, displaying a good looking board with Unicode pieces. The thing we learned, I think, was to carefully test each method as we progressed through them, as trying to find piles of errors at the end is frustrating and extremely difficult.
Here’s a picture of how our Chess game looked: